Monday, March 11, 2013

Today's haul

I heard someone on the TV saying that we need to expect "Mediterranean" summers due to global warming.
We should expect extended periods of warm, dry weather over our summer season.  This is based on one hot,  long, dry summer...?  I can't remember when we had a summer like it.  So, if it is true, YAY, bring it on.  Summers for swimming lots, and eating outside are a treasure.

What it has meant for our garden is this!  tomatoes, capsicums by the bucketload, and friends and family who have grown cucumbers unlimited.  These are not always things that grow easily here.  I wish I had planted aubergines, I love them, and they need a long, hot summer.  This year would have been perfect.

Here is what I picked this morning

1 comment:

  1. Yay - my capsicums are finally doing something too. They took far too long

    ReplyDelete